Three selection processes. Multiple target types. Fully optimised aptamers.
At Aptamer Group we have refined three parallel processes for the selection of Optimers. Each of our processes is used to select the best performing Optimer™ reagents for specific target types:
- Small molecules
- Protein and peptides
- Cells, tissues and viral vectors
All projects are initially assessed for feasibility within our systems prior to progression, offering rapid insight into the potential for project success and a quick and simple go/no go decision. Multiple rounds of selection and counter-selection are performed as part of each process and all systems can be tailored according to specific assay and buffer conditions to deliver specific Optimers that meet your needs.
Small molecule target selection
- Unique displacement assay to select for small molecule specific Optimers without modifying the target.
- Selection performed in solution under relevant end use conditions.
- Small molecule detection compatible with many formats including ELISA, biosensor, lateral flow devices, molecular beacons etc
Protein and peptide target selection
- High throughput processes allow rapid progress across multiple selection rounds for exquisite specificity and flexible selection conditions.
- Potential to discriminate between highly homologous targets eg PTMs, single amino acid substitutions.
- Selection performed in solution under relevant end use conditions and against protein conformation.
Cell, tissue, and viral particle target selection
- Accurate target conformation delivers performance advantages in cell and tissue-based applications – flow cytometry, IHC, targeted therapeutic delivery.
- Selection can operate as ‘hypothesis-free’ without specific known targets.
- Overcomes the need for target protein production.
- Potential to select for internalised Optimers for targeted delivery.
- Use of several cell lines/tissues for selection/counter-selection purposes.
Selective and flexible selection
Deploying this multiplatform approach allows specific Optimer selection to achieve the unique aims of each custom aptamer project.
The additional specificity and flexibility offered through three distinct aptamer selection platforms increases the potential of identifying Optimers that perform as required in each specific assay. We can run projects through different platforms in parallel to increase the potential of selecting the right Optimer binder.