Optimer® – Delivering complete control over affinity ligand design, quality and security of supply.
Understanding of customer needs and project aims. Work schedule developed following established, standardised approach to meet clear milestones via data-driven model.
Delivers rapid insight into project feasibility for quick go/no-go decisions. Wide range of viable targets:
- small molecules (drugs, toxins, food additives, environmental contaminants)
- proteins and peptides (immunoglobulins, serum proteins, membrane proteins, secreted proteins, enzymes, specific protein domains, peptides >20 kDa)
- viral vectors
- cells (fixed and live cells in suspension and monolayer culture)
- tissues (organs, tissues, FFPE sections)
Specific proprietary high-throughput selection processes for different target classes:
- Proteins and peptides
- Small molecules
Adaptable selection system with the ability to: counter-select against related targets, select in end-use buffer and matrix conditions, select in the presence/ absence of ligands, screen mutant vs wild-type, select for specific binding kinetics and performance.
Aptamer pools are assessed for target affinity and the aptamer population is cloned out. Individual clones are isolated from the population for next-generation sequencing to determine the diversity in the aptamer repertoire. Individual aptamers are ranked according to target affinity by biolayer interferometry or other project-defined criteria. Target affinity of the best aptamer clone is increased and cost-effective manufacture ensured via identification of the minimal performing fragment of the aptamer to generate an Optimer.
Optional services from proof-of-concept to a defined and functional assay. Range of assays available in-house, including ELISA, flow cytometry, cell-based inhibition/activation assays, affinity chromatography, WB, SPR, fluorescence microscopy and IHC.
Sequencing, synthesis and quality control processes to ensure delivery of a functional Optimer.
The Optimer® platform delivers next-generation aptamer tools that are enabling researchers and developers across the spectrum of the life sciences.
Optimer® binders have been successfully developed for a range of applications, including:
- therapeutic inhibitors and modulators
- drug delivery vehicles
- protein purification and separation
- biomarker screening and validation
- in vitro research
- quality control analysis
- pharmacokinetic and drug assays
- in vitro diagnostic assays