Cost-effective, sensitive LFD tests with complete security of supply
The lateral flow device (LFD) test format is routinely used in ‘point-of-care’ diagnostics for healthcare or field-based diagnostics for environmental and quality control monitoring purposes. Optimer™ binders are helping to address the unmet need in this field for highly sensitive reagents that can target novel molecules, such as small molecules, enabling novel LFD tests to extend to new diseases and functions.
Optimers have been successfully generated for LFD tests, including the rapid selection of target-specific reagents in under 4 weeks, reagent validation and the coordination of scale-up to support large-scale operations. With extensive experience in LFD test formats, we can optimise selection processes to deliver target-specific Optimers pairs with simple and uniform labelling with gold nanoparticles assay compatibility and consistency.
- Cost-effective chemical synthesis methods for scalable LFD tests
- Increased assay sensitivity due to higher surface coating density
- Highly stable in LFD test format requiring no cold chain logistics
- Rapid development times of as little as 4 weeks to prevent delayed timelines
- Excellent batch-to-batch consistency for reproducible results throughout the lifecycle of the diagnostic
Optimers are being trialled in a number of LFD tests including the rapid saliva LFD test for SARS-CoV-2 infection to support the COVID-19 pandemic, in conjunction with our partners Cytiva and Mologic.
Custom Optimers for LFD tests
Aptamer Group’s established processes can rapidly select Optimers for your target that are compatible with your required target and conditions to ensure the viability of your LFD test. Following selection, our in-house expert team can work with you to support the development of your reagents in your specific LFD test format, from proof-of-concept through to commercialisation.