Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
The Synthetic Chemist will play a key role in our aptamer production workflow, they will work closely with both the production and R&D team to fulfil customer and research related goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, synthesis, and analysis of DNA and RNA aptamers and will operate automated synthesisers. Full training will be provided.
- Design and perform solid-phase synthesis, purification, and analysis of novel aptamers with chemical modifications.
- Operate and maintain automated synthesis platforms, HPLCs and other scientific equipment.
- Perform method/process development for improved aptamer synthesis and purification processes.
- Provide synthesis support to ongoing research & development activities
- Author standard operating procedures and maintain well documented electronic/laboratory notebooks.
Required Skills and Expertise
- A degree or PhD in medicinal or synthetic organic chemistry.
- A strong record of synthesis, purification, and analysis of bio-active molecules is required.
- Proven ability to conduct self-directed research, troubleshooting and of working effectively in a dynamic environment within a diverse team.
- Experience of following SOPs/protocols within a Class 2 laboratory
Desirable Skills and Expertise
- Expertise in nucleoside chemistry and chemical modifications of oligonucleotides.
- Experience in using automated synthesisers.
- Knowledge of aptamer therapeutics, aptamer generation, or aptamer discovery.
- Background experience in development, production, and purification of novel phosphoramidites for integration into aptamer synthesis workflows
Salary and Benefits
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.