Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
A Production Technician is an integral part of the production team, ideal for individuals who are eager to learn and contribute to departmental processes and workflows. In this role, you will acquire and execute these processes independently while receiving guidance from senior team members. Additionally, you will collaborate with senior colleagues to drive process improvements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform Aptamer Selection Processes: Execute all aspects of the Aptamer Selection process in accordance with the relevant department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Adhere to Work Instructions: Ensure that all work is carried out in strict accordance with the provided Work Instructions.
- Support Laboratory Team: Prepare buffers and Gels following standard operating procedures.
- Work Planning and Organisation: Effectively plan and organise your workload to meet project deadlines.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the Team Leader, Production Scientist, and fellow team members to work together toward achieving project goals.
- Reagent Maintenance: Take responsibility for maintaining the necessary reagents required for production processes.
- Laboratory Care: Maintain laboratory cleanliness and ensure the proper functioning of laboratory equipment.
- Compliance: Ensure strict compliance with all Quality and Health & Safety processes.
- Teamwork: Act as an integral part of a small, close-knit process team, fostering a spirit of cooperation and communication.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement within the Production Team and execute process improvement tasks as directed by your Line Manager.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed and accurate documentation of laboratory work and prepare and present internal reports to support project progress and compliance.
“The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.”.
Essential Skills and Expertise:
- Quick and effective learning of complex laboratory equipment.
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring precision in all tasks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for effective collaboration.
- Proven ability to work harmoniously within a team.
- Analytical problem-solving skills to address challenges effectively.
- Excellent time management to meet deadlines and priorities.
- Proficiency in maintaining detailed records for reference and compliance.
- While not required, prior laboratory experience in molecular biology or biochemistry is preferred.
- A degree in biological sciences or a related field is preferred but not essential.
- At a minimum, A-Levels (or equivalent) in Biology or Chemistry are required.
What’s on Offer:
- Free on-site car parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Health care scheme.
- Annual leave of 25 days, plus bank holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
If you are a motivated and dedicated individual with a strong interest in laboratory work and a desire to enhance our production processes, we welcome you to apply for the role of Production Technician.