Senior Production Scientist
Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
We are currently expanding our Production Team. This role will be primarily focused on aptamer selection for three main target types: proteins, cellular targets, and small molecules.
This role will suit scientists with industrial or research experience, who want to expand and develop their skills. The role offers the right individual an ideal opportunity to develop and grow within the company. The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively alongside existing Production Team members to develop aptamers against multiple targets in parallel.
We require highly motivated, dedicated and goal-oriented individuals who can work well alongside a team of like-minded scientists in a fast-paced and process-driven laboratory environment, to ensure timely delivery of high quality reagents to our customers.
The candidate will work closely with other members of the Production team as well as the Production Manager to ensure that customer projects are delivered in a timely manner and in line with commercial goals and customer timelines. The candidate will be involved in the day-to-day activities of the production team and ensure that they are working efficiently and in line with customer project specifications, to maximise throughput as well as identifying risks to project delivery.
Our ideal candidate will:
- fit with our company culture
- have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- possess technical and some leadership skills. They will guide junior members of the production team in an engaging and enthusiastic manner and support the fostering of a culture of timely and efficient project delivery
- The candidate will participate in project planning with team leaders and work closely with the Production Manager and commercial team when required
- You will be able to work as part of a highly motivated team to deliver parallel customer projects against defined specifications, to a highly controlled timeline and well-defined processes
- You should have a practical working knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related discipline and be able to support troubleshooting issues within the aptamer development processes
- Responsible for specific aspects of the team’s aptamer selection and validation processes, according to internal SOPs
- Maintain excellent documentation of laboratory work
- Planning & organisation of workload of team members in collaboration with the Scientific Lead
- Managing of staff within team to achieve production goals in line with deliverables set by the Line Manager
- Act as Project Lead on internal and customer projects
- A Senior Production Scientist should be an excellent team player, both within the Production Team and the Laboratory Team as a whole
- Good communication skills are vital, as are attention to detail and timekeeping
- Educated to a BSc level in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related field, with 2-3 years’ experience of project delivery in an industrial laboratory setting.
- Practical working knowledge of molecular biology, or a related discipline
- Hands-on experience with a range of molecular based assays and techniques including PCR, protein biochemistry, nucleic acid and protein QC and analysis
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret scientific data
- Experience in writing accurate technical documents and reports
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict timelines
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: £25,000-£30,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.