Senior Assay Development Scientist
Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
Application deadline: 28/01/2022
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
We are growing rapidly and are currently expanding our Assay Development Team to support customer projects which require novel assay formats, as well as generating data to support marketing and patenting activities. This role will be primarily focused on assay development projects to advance the aptamer technology platform and generate data to support customer projects, marketing, and patenting activities.
This would suit a Scientist with industrial experience, who wants to expand and develop their skills, offering the right individual an ideal opportunity to develop and grow within the company.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop assays and generate data to demonstrate the use of aptamers in a range of assay formats and develop and troubleshoot these aptamer applications.
We require a highly motivated, dedicated and goal-oriented individual with a methodical approach to assay development, and both practical and organisational skills, to ensure timely delivery of customer and internal development project goals.
The candidate will liaise with management to ensure that development projects are delivered in line with company direction and customer requirements. The candidate will oversee their individual development projects and work with the production teams to ensure that the development projects are delivered in an efficient and timely manner as well as identifying and mitigating risks to project delivery.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Fit with our company culture
- have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude,
- demonstratable assay development skills.
- be keen to participate in project planning with team leaders and work closely with our Chief Technical Officer, the Director or Research and Automation and Scientific Operations Director.
- be able to work independently to troubleshoot and develop assays, delivering data to support the relevant teams and ensure successful project delivery.
- have a practical working knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related discipline.
- Industrial experience in independent, self-directed experimental planning, execution, troubleshooting and reporting to deliver against company and customer focussed assay development needs.
- Planning and organising the workload
- Writing accurate experimental plans, technical documents and reports
- Recording and interpreting results; presenting findings regularly to senior management and team.
- Comfortable and confident in interacting with senior scientists and lab heads.
- Industrial experience in assay development
- Experience with cell-based assay developments including:
- flow cytometry
- gene expression profiling and knockdown studies
- cell uptake assays
- cell viability assays
- Experience with molecular biology assay developments including:
- Western blots
- Biosensor development experience would also be desirable
- Reviews and keeps up to date with existing technologies, scientific literature, and competitor activities
- Liaise with CCO and CTO with regards to assay development activities and generation of data packs to support marketing activities
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: £33,000-£40,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.