Permanent, full time
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Selection Scientist to join and become an integral part our production team. You’ll learn, understand and be able to carry out the relevant departmental aptamer selection processes, keeping to agreed deadlines.
If you’re an excellent team player, have good communication skills, attention to detail and a strong willingness to learn we’d love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Aptamer Selection – You’ll be trained to perform all aspects of the Aptamer Selection process against protein targets
- General Laboratory requirements:
- Maintaining reagents for processes and laboratory cleanliness and equipment.
- Specific responsibilities include: SDS-PAGE, Native-PAGE, protein immobilisation, DNA purification and use of laboratory automation .
- Ensure compliance with all Quality and Health and Safety processes.
- Communication with the wider Production Team to ensure smooth running of the laboratories.
- Support and carry out continuous improvement tasks.
- Maintain excellent documentation of laboratory work.
- Prepare and present internal reports.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive, you’ll be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- You’ll have a BSc in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline OR a minimum of 2 years’ related industry experience.
- Experience in a laboratory environment.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, RT-PCR, Gel Electrophoresis.
- Experience of following SOPs/protocols within a laboratory environment.
- Understanding of the health and safety requirements for the maintenance, handling, and storage of laboratory reagents.
- Excellent IT skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and a positive work ethic.
- Excellent organisation, a great attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Some industrial experience is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in a GLP and/or ISO environment is desirable but not required.
- Private medical health insurance
- Discounted gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Annual leave increasing to 25 days with service
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the apply button, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES