Receptionist and Office Administrator
Location: York UK
Role: Full time (37.5 hours) or part time (20 hours), permanent
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
The Receptionist and Office Administrator is an integral part of the Operations team.
As the Receptionist and Office Administrator you are the initial point of contact for visitors and customers, you will be required to ensure they receive a warm, professional welcome and are dealt with appropriately according to their requirements. You are the first point of contact; excellent customer service is key to this role as your interactions reflect on the company.
You will aid the Laboratory Manager in ensuring that the facilities contracts are well maintained and kept up to date. You must have excellent organisational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
You should be an excellent team player, both within the Operations team and the Aptamer Group Team as a whole. Good communication skills are vital, as are attention to detail, timekeeping, and a willingness to learn.
• Reception front of house duties (answer telephones, screen calls, general enquiries).
• Posting mail externally, operating a franking machine.
• Receive visitors, ensuring they are dealt with promptly and courteously.
• Helping maintain workplace security by issuing, checking, and collecting passes/badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs.
• Responsible for goods in / out (organise any courier requirements) liaising with laboratory manager /Support team
• To order the necessary office supplies.
• Performing ad-hoc administrative duties
• Undertake basic finance team duties eg sales order processing
• Keep the reception area tidy
• To maintain and contribute towards the continual improvements of the office systems and procedures which enable the effective and efficient running of the organisation.
Facility Coordination aiding Laboratory Manager
• To review facility contract renewals, undertake price comparisons between suppliers and ensure value for money before seeking sign off from the budget holder.
• To work with the HR team to ensure the health and safety requirements related to facilities and building maintenance are implemented.
• To manage facilities mailboxes.
• To manage all contractors attending the office for repairs and maintenance issues including arranging suitable times and meeting on site.
• Maintain a log of all facilities related issues and proactively chase contractors to ensure timely resolution.
• To ensure the building is cleaned to the required standard.
• Responsible for the legionella monitoring of the building.
- A positive friendly attitude /professional demeanour
- Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping with various tasks as required
- Proactive and driven
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills – both listening and spoken
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Able to multitask
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous administrative or receptionist experience is essential
- IT literate, intermediate user of Office platforms such as word, excel and emails
- Knowledge of and/or experience of working on a computerised reception switch board
- Aiding Finance with basic system input skills
- Dealing with Maintenance contractors would be advantageous
- Liaison with all internal and external stakeholder groups
Salary and Benefits
- £19,000-£21,000 (pro rata, based on a 37.5 hour working week)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.