Permanent, full time
The role would suit a laboratory scientist who is looking to expand into Quality assurance. An individual who wants to expand and develop their skills and has ambition to succeed in every aspect of their work life. We are looking for a determined, hardworking individual who can help our company grow. This role offers the right individual an ideal opportunity to develop within the company.
The Quality Scientist will be responsible for:
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation of quality performance measures
- Writing/ amending SOPs/ WI/ Policies
- Intermediate advice on ISO requirements
- Basic comprehension of Method validation/ development, qualification, and scientific design (ICH, Westgard, etc)
- Maintaining the document control aspects of the business
- Performing audits and action follow through
- Review and follow through actions from NCRs/ Exceptions.
- Level 3 competency in three areas of the laboratory, intermediate troubleshooting.
- Support maintenance of quality system for equipment qualification, servicing, calibration, and maintenance.
- Demonstrate Leadership of lab support and junior quality scientists. Planning and organising the workload
- Assisting implementation of compliance with QC processes
- To provide technical support with other departments
- Data input of orders, samples, and general lab supplies
- QC of reagents made internally
- Ensuring compliance with QC processes
- Support for lab support team in general laboratory duties such as cleaning, maintenance and preparation of lab materials as required
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Scientific bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2 years previous work experience in a commercial laboratory
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to work in a team is essential
- The ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Must possess a personal drive to seek out industry best practice and create efficiencies at all opportunities
Preferred Skills and Expertise:
- Knowledge of aptamers
- Previous Quality control experience
- Previous Quality Assurance experience (ISO 9001, 13485, etc)
- Discounted gym membership (David Lloyds)
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the apply button, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.