Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
We are currently expanding our Production Team. This role will be primarily focused on aptamer selections for three main target types: proteins, cellular targets, and small molecules.
This role will suit scientists with industrial or research experience, who want to expand and develop their skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to work collaboratively alongside existing Production Team members to develop aptamers against multiple targets in parallel.
We require highly motivated, dedicated and goal-oriented individuals who can work well alongside a team of like-minded scientists in a fast-paced and process-driven laboratory environment, to ensure timely delivery of high quality reagents to our customers.
The candidate will work closely with other members of the Production team as well as the Production Manager to ensure that customer projects are delivered in a timely manner and in line with commercial goals and customer timelines. The candidate will participate in the day-to-day activities of the production team to deliver projects in line with customer project specifications, and to customer deadlines.
Our ideal candidate will:
- fit with our company culture.
- have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- possess good technical skills
- work alongside members of the production team in an engaging and enthusiastic manner and support the culture of timely and efficient project delivery
- be able to work as part of a highly motivated team to deliver parallel customer projects against defined specifications, to a highly controlled timeline and well-defined processes
- have a practical working knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related discipline
- Perform of all aspects of aptamer selection and validation processes, according to SOPs
- Maintain excellent documentation of laboratory work
- The Production Scientist should be an excellent team player, both within the Production Team and the Laboratory Team as a whole
- Good communication skills are vital, as are attention to detail and timekeeping
- Educated to BSc level in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related field, with 1-year of experience working in an industrial laboratory setting
- Practical working knowledge of molecular biology, or a related discipline
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret scientific data
- Experience in writing accurate technical documents and reports
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict timelines
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: £22,000-£25,000
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.