Permanent, full time
To support the rapid expansion of Aptamer Group, we are looking for a Management Accountant to join the team.
If you’re an excellent team player, have good communication skills, attention to detail and a strong willingness to learn we’d love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
- Cash posting, raising of sales invoices, maintenance of fixed asset register inventory accounting;
- Balance sheet reconciliations and month end close;
- Maintenance of intercompany balances;
- Preparation of first draft of consolidated management accounts;
- Preparation of information for financial statements;
- Assist the FC with the preparation of the budget;
- Variance analysis of actuals to budget;
- Project accounting for internal and customer work;
- Report to the FC with timely and accurate financial information;
- Preparation of information for decision making;
- Collation of information for research and development tax credits and grant applications;
- Assist the FC and CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders and board members;
- Additional ad hoc duties as required.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA);
- Very strong Excel skills;
- Previous management accountant experience;
- Leadership skills;
- Honesty, integrity, reliability;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly organised yet flexible;
- Accustomed to reviewing own work and ensuring reports/information are prepared to the highest standard without errors or omissions;
- Highly motivated self-starter and problem solver;
- Ability to organise workload and work well on own initiative as well as part of a small team;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- A ‘right first time’ approach;
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work;
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form;
- A high standard of IT literacy (MS – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in particular
- Experience of reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards;
- An ability to understand scientific processes would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Discounted gym membership (David Lloyds)
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the apply button, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.