Permanent, full time
The role would suit an individual who wants to develop skills in laboratory science and has ambition to succeed in every aspect of their work life. We are looking for a determined, hardworking individual who can help our company grow. This role offers the right individual an ideal opportunity to develop advance laboratory competencies.
The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for:
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Level 3 competency in all lab support areas of the laboratory, advanced troubleshooting
- Daily cleaning (washing & autoclaving)
- General housekeeping of communal areas
- Receiving and logging deliveries
- Calibrating balances and pH meter in the buffer prep lab.
- Monitoring levels of stock buffers
- Disposal of recycling and clinical waste
- Production and QC of polyacrylamide gels
- Weekly ordering of laboratory stocks
- Making stock buffers
- Calibrating liquid handling robots
- Stock taking
- Resuspension of primers
- Updating equipment inventory
- Production and QC of exonucleases
- Assisting with DNA for gel controls
- Production of reaction buffer
- Production of PAGE loading dye
- Participation in annual stock audit
- Suspensions of primers
Required Skills and Expertise:
- At least two GCSE science grade B or above
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- The ability to work in a team is essential
- Must possess a personal drive to seek out industry best practice and create efficiencies at all opportunities
- Discounted gym membership (David Lloyds)
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the apply button, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.