Laboratory Project Manager
Location: York UK
Role: Full time, permanent
We are growing and growing fast. Aptamer Group is a leading developer of next-generation molecular tools to enable innovation across the life sciences. We employ a diverse and talented team of high calibre scientists and commercial professionals located at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
We are seeking a highly motivated, dedicated and goal-oriented individual with excellent practical and organisational skills, who can thrive in a fast-growing company and oversee multiple projects, being run by team leaders. The successful candidate will be expected to liaise with senior management to ensure that projects are delivered in line with company direction. The Project Manager will liaise with other teams to ensure effective communication and collaboration between teams. The candidate will oversee projects at a high level and work with the production teams to ensure that the customer projects are delivered in an efficient and timely manner as well as identifying and mitigating risks to project delivery. The Project Manager will also work with the Lab Manager to ensure that equipment or supply issues are identified and dealt with effectively; and with the development team to ensure that any identified process improvements are implemented quickly and cost effectively.
Our ideal candidate will have a commercial background and a ‘can do’ attitude, with both technical and leadership skills. They will guide and mentor the teams in an engaging and enthusiastic manner, to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques, and to foster a culture of timely and efficient project delivery. In addition to high-level project management, the candidate will also participate in strategic planning with other project managers and team leaders and work closely with our Chief Technical Officer and Scientific Operations Director.
- You will lead a group of high performing scientific teams to coordinate their efforts, ensuring timely completion of multiple projects
- You will ensure focus on quality-assured processes and delivery of high-quality customer service from the scientific teams
- You can ensure that our working practices and processes are iterated and improved over time.
- You will ensure execution of processes and seek iterative process improvement for efficiency, throughput, and cost reduction
- You will participate in strategic planning with short- and long-term priorities and support in the allocation of team resources, ensuring that the team has a situational awareness of work and priorities across the company
- You will provide practical leadership and foster a culture in which individuals strive to deliver high-quality customer service and are empowered to provide solutions to problems or improve processes
- You will ensure that employees have a dynamic and supportive workspace and the resources necessary to provide outstanding services to clients
- You will support the development of team members through mentorship or directed learning through appropriate courses
- You will meet with financial team to implement strategies and establish revenue goals
- You will work with executive-level Managers, and providing relevant feedback about performance of teams and individual employees
- 5+ years’ practical experience of project management methods and techniques, including demonstrated proficiency associated with planning, managing and controlling projects and budgets in a commercial setting
- Ability to use various project management software packages
- Experience leading and working with a team developing and delivering a commercial product is preferred
- A proven track record of effective leadership including recruiting, growing and inspiring teams as well as strategic planning and accomplishing business goals while ensuring high morale in concert with driving toward delivery of business goals
- Leadership and interpersonal skills, relationship management abilities and ability to balance conflicting demands on time or resource
- Ability to develop strategies and organise tasks
- Experience working and leading others in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting, while maintaining a focus on timely project delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as active listening skills and analytical skills
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Gym membership (David Lloyds)
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
- Regular team events
- Located in one of the best cities in the UK
- Salary range of £55,000-£65,000 dependant on experience
Interested? We’d Love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.