Laboratory Automation Technician
We are looking for an enthusiastic Laboratory Automation Technician to join our team at Aptamer Group developing aptamers.
We are a small company expanding our laboratory team. This successful candidate will report to the Laboratory Manager.
Your role will be to provide laboratory and desk based technical support to the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and operating relevant laboratory equipment including robotic liquid handlers
- Ensuring robotic liquid handling systems are calibrated to required schedule
- Production of documents such as calibration documents using software such as Microsoft Office
- Support of laboratory team to problem solve network/robotic related issues, initially with the help of the line manager
- General day to day support in the laboratory assigned by Laboratory Manager
- Logging and sorting incoming samples onto the laboratory computer systems
- Carry out practical laboratory work using a variety of methods
- General laboratory cleaning, maintenance, and ensuring a safe working environment
- Report anomalies following protocols to Laboratory Manager
- Decontamination and disposal of laboratory waste
- Following protocols with regard to washing glassware and preparation of materials
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills and Expertise
- Good IT skills
- Working knowledge of computer troubleshooting
- Undergraduate Degree in a Science or Engineering based subject
- A-levels in Chemistry or equivalent
- Good team work and problem-solving skills
- Good time management and organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Mechanically minded
- Experience with computer networking including configuration of software, drivers, and hardware
- Experience with robotic liquid handlers
- Electronics background
What’s on offer?
- Free car parking
- A great working environment
- An exciting opportunity to learn new skills to an innovative technology
- Private medical health insurance
- Annual leave of 20 days initially increasing to 25 with service
- Competitive Salary
- Working hours 37.5 per week full time, permanent position
Please apply using the apply button with a copy of your CV and a covering letter. Please note- we are unable to take calls from recruitment consultants in relation to this role.