Permanent Position, Full time
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Cell Scientist to join our production team at Aptamer Group.
As a Cell Scientist, you’ll be an integral part of the production team. You’ll understand and be able to carry out the relevant cell aptamer selection processes, keeping to agreed deadlines.
If you’re an excellent team player, have good communication skills, attention to detail and a strong willingness to learn we’d love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Aptamer Selection – Perform all aspects of Aptamer Selection process
- General Laboratory requirements:
- Maintaining reagents for processes and laboratory cleanliness and equipment
- Communication with the wider Production Team to ensure smooth running of the laboratories
- Support and carry out continuous improvement tasks
- Maintain excellent documentation of laboratory work
- Prepare and present internal reports.
Note: The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive, you’ll be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- You’ll have a BSc in Cell and Molecular Biology, or related discipline OR a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience in mammalian cell culture
- Mammalian cell culture experience with a highly competent aseptic technique, including primary cell culture
- Light and fluorescence microscopy
- Experience with PCR, RT-PCR, mycoplasma testing
- Flow cytometry/FACS
- Ability to work with multiple cell lines in parallel
- Experience of following SOPs/protocols within a Class 2 laboratory
- Understanding of the health and safety requirements for the maintenance, handling, and storage of cell lines
- Excellent IT skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team and a positive work ethic
- Well-organised and a great attention to detail
- Competitive Salary
- Working hours of 37.5 per week
- A great working environment
- An exciting opportunity to learn new skills to an innovative technology
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private medical health insurance (subject to qualifying period)
- Annual leave of 20 days increasing to 25 with service
Please apply using the apply button with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
If you have not heard from us by 14th June 2021, please assume that sadly you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES