Cell Culture Technician
Permanent Position, Full time
A new position is available for an enthusiastic Cell Culture Technician to work within the Cell Department at Aptamer Group. This role would be working closely with the cell selection team to help fulfil both customer project specifications and internal project developments. This position will report directly to the Head of Customer Cell Projects.
The main focus of this role is to support the cell selection team by ensuring that: cell stocks are recorded and maintained, and cells are prepared for aptamer selection. This position requires a great attention to detail to ensure that all projects progress efficiently and meet our QC standards. The individual needs to have a desire to work in a fast-paced, expanding department. Flexible working hours may be required during very busy periods.
Required duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and QC cell stocks necessary for customer and internal projects
- Maintain and clean equipment and laboratories required for cell-based selection processes
- Adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) to assist with cell-based selections
- Ensure procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated as appropriate
- Work as part of a team to ensure smooth running of laboratories and cell culture requirements for the department
- Preparation of buffers and reagents
- Maintain consumable stock levels and reagents
- Prepare high quality data for internal reports
Required skills and expertise:
- BSc in Cell and Molecular Biology, or a related discipline (or a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience in mammalian cell culture).
- Mammalian cell culture experience with a highly competent aseptic technique, including primary cell culture
- Light and fluorescence microscopy
- Ability to work with multiple cell lines in parallel
- Experience of following SOPs/protocols within a Class 2 laboratory
- Understanding of the health and safety requirements for the maintenance, handling, and storage of cell lines
- Adept IT skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team and an impeccable work ethic
- Well-organised and a great attention to detail
Preferred skills and expertise:
- Experience with PCR, RT-PCR, mycoplasma testing.
- Flow cytometry/FACS
- Experience working with bacteria/viruses
- Experience with quality systems, such as GLP and ISO 9001
- Good level of basic maths
We can offer:
- Free car parking
- A great working environment
- An exciting opportunity to learn new skills with an innovative technology
- NOW pension
- Annual leave of 20 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days with service
- Competitive salary
- Permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours per week
Please apply using the apply button with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.