Business Development Manager
Join Aptamer Group’s commercial team as a Business Development Manager in the Life Sciences market. Aptamer Group develops custom antibody alternatives for use across research, diagnostic, bioprocessing and therapeutics. We employ a diverse and talented team of high-calibre scientists and commercial professionals at our state-of-the-art development facility in York, UK.
As a Business Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our organisation’s growth and success. Your primary responsibility is to nurture and expand key client relationships while proactively identifying and engaging new opportunities.
Your ability to leverage your scientific background and a proven sales track record will be essential to your success in this role. You will craft and execute strategic sales plans, ensuring alignment with our corporate goals and monitoring progress diligently. Building upon your strong interpersonal skills, you’ll establish lasting customer relationships, staying attuned to market shifts and emerging trends. Through effective communication and the development of persuasive business proposals, you will work towards exceeding sales targets and contributing to our long-term business development strategy.
- Provide client services to key accounts.
- Contact potential clients to establish rapport and develop opportunities.
- Promote our services and offerings to businesses to solve key customer problems.
- Contribute to yearly and quarterly business development strategy to achieve a long-term plan for corporate growth.
- Enter and track the sales process through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them, understanding their needs, and developing solutions that meet their needs.
- Attend conferences, scientific meetings, and seminars.
- Meet with customers/clients in person and digitally.
“The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.”
Essential Skills and Expertise
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline (ideally Molecular Biology)
- Ability to close sales
- Can do/will do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly organised
- Ability to organise workload and work well on own initiative as well as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form
- Ability to travel to attend customer meetings, relevant conferences and exhibitions.
- A high standard of IT literacy (MS – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Works to KPIs
- Strong sales planning skill
- Previous experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employer contributions pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Free on-site car parking
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.