Business Development Manager
Due to our ongoing success and recent investment, we are looking to appoint a Business Development Manager to join our team and report to the Chief Commercial Officer. The role has considerable scope for the successful candidate to acquire new skills and experience in a rapidly changing professional environment. We are looking for someone with a scientific background (ideally molecular biology) who has experience in a commercial role and can demonstrate they are a successful, self-starter with a can-do attitude. Ideally the candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
The Business Development role is suited to a self-starter with technical and market knowledge to convey their passion for the company’s service and products.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provides client services to key accounts.
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and develop opportunities
- Being knowledgeable about our services and offerings to businesses
- Develop annual / quarterly / monthly sales plans to achieve yearly corporate goal and monitor
- Contributes to business development strategy to achieve long term plan for corporate growth
- Enters and tracks all contacts through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Work to AGL sales process and KPI’s to gain sales growth
- Preparing customer closing plans
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Attending conferences, scientific meetings and seminars, F2F or Zoom/Teleconference
- Meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Produce weekly reports of activity and tasks given that week for the Chief Commercial Officer
- Write new business proposals
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills & Expertise
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline (ideally Molecular Biology)
- Ability to close sales
- Can do/will do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly organised
- Ability to organise workload and work well on own initiative as well as part of a small team
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines without compromising the quality of work
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written form
- Ability to attend relevant face to face exhibitions (when they are permitted)
- A high standard of IT literacy (MS – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Works to KPIs
- Strong sales planning skills
- Previous experience of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
What’s on offer?
- A great working environment
- An exciting opportunity to learn new skills with an innovative technology
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Private Health Cover
- Annual leave of 25 days plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Commission scheme
- Permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours per week
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Please apply using the button below, with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.