Business Development Executive
Permanent Position, Full time
The Aptamer Group is a rapidly growing biotechnology company based in the Biocentre on the York Science Park. We develop custom aptamers (oligonucleotide alternatives to antibodies) to meet our customers’ needs for reagents, diagnostics, biomarker discovery and novel therapeutics. Our proprietary technology platform enables us to deliver rapid solutions tailored to each project. We are a small company with aggressive plans for growth and need to expand our business development team. This position will report directly to the Technical Director of Aptamer Diagnostics (ADx).
As a Business Development Executive you will be tasked with managing the acquisition of business from both existing and new customers. You will manage accounts of all sizes, from SME through to large corporate organisations, and will need to build relationships to implement a solution-based sell.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Generating new leads and qualifying business opportunities
- Entering and tracking all leads, contacts, and opportunities through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Recording and reporting diagnostic sales to the Technical Director of ADx
- Creating detailed proposal documents, including pricing, as part of a formal bidding process
- Following up all assigned business opportunities to conclusion
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
- Attending conferences, scientific meetings, and seminars (virtually during COVID-19 pandemic)
- Ensuring KPIs are achieved and/or exceeded
The above list of job duties is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills and Expertise
- A degree in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related discipline
- Sales focused and target driven
- Ability to work in a team and listen to others
- Excellent all round organisational skills
- Effective communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the business (both written and verbal)
- Proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must have a full driving license
- Highly motivated and driven with a keen sense of accountability and focus on delivering results
What’s on offer?
- Free car parking
- A great working environment
- An exciting opportunity to learn new skills with an innovative technology
- NOW pension
- Annual leave of 20 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days with service
- Competitive salary
- Permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours per week
Please apply using the apply button with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.