Permanent Position, Full time
We’re looking for an innovative Bioconjugation Scientist to join our therapeutics team at Aptamer Group responsible for designing and implementing techniques to conjugate aptamers to a variety of labels including oligonucleotides, small molecules and nanoparticles.
The main focus of the role is to design, conduct and analyse in-house conjugation studies to drive the development of the Company’s aptamer-conjugate pipeline. This requires forward thinking and self-motivation to ensure that all project objectives are met.
You’ll also be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- You’ll have a PhD in Chemistry/Biochemistry, or relevant discipline
- Knowledge or experience of synthetic organic chemistry
- Knowledge of enzymatic/chemical oligonucleotide modifications
- Knowledge of common bio-conjugation strategies
- Ability to independently design and plan own work assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Proven experience of solving challenging problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis would also be preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Working hours of 37.5 per week
- A great working environment
- An exciting opportunity to learn new skills to an innovative technology
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private medical health insurance (subject to qualifying period)
- Annual leave of 20 days increasing to 25 with service
Please apply using the apply button with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
If you have not heard from us by 14th June 2021, please assume that sadly you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES