Aptamer Group March 2019
31st March 2019
- Novel ELISA like assay for small molecules
- Moxifloxacin aptamer and intellectual property (IP) availability
- Interesting applications in biologic and biosimilar analysis and cell imaging
With lots of exciting new data ongoing for multiple applications in the commercial and academic space, Aptamer Group would like to share with you information that may be of interest for your research and business goals.
As always, we would love to hear from you to discuss how aptamers can be utilised as the preferred affinity/binding molecules in your research, diagnostics, drug discovery and drug development programs.
Our Novel Solutions – ELISA Like Assays for Small Molecules
Moxifloxacin measured by both fluorescence and qPCR
- Non competitive assay, measures gain of signal (GoS) for lower background and matrix effects
- Evaluated in plasma and milk
- Confirmed by quantitative PCR normalised to an internal standard
Moxifloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic used to treat different types of bacterial infections of the skin, sinuses, lungs, or stomach. Fluoroquinolone antibiotics may have serious side effects so should be used sparingly and monitored closely. We have developed and patented the sequence for our Moxifloxacin antibiotic aptamer featured in this Newsletter.
If you wish to discuss licensing this Intellectual Property for use in your diagnostic applications, please get in touch with our diagnostic experts.